If your web server does not have properly configured security certificates, you might receive the error "cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate". The plugin uses SSL protocol to encrypt all data used for creation of aggregated review forms. The missing security certificates stop the plugin from working.
To fix this problem, it is necessary to install the missing security certificates to your server. Normally, good hosting companies make sure that all the security certificates are installed and properly configured.
If you have a dedicated server and manage it yourself, please follow these steps:
1. Download the latest curl recognized certificates here: https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem
2. Save the cacert.pem file in a reachable destination.
3. Then, in your php.ini file, scroll down to where you find [curl].
4. You should see the CURLOPT_CAINFO option commented out. Uncomment and point it to the cacert.pem file. You should have a line like this:
curl.cainfo = “certificate path\cacert.pem”
5. Save and close your php.ini. Restart your web server and try your request again. If you do not set the right location, you might get a CURL 77 error.
If you have a shared or managed hosting, please reach out to your hosting support and ask them to resolve this cURL error.