There's a possibility that the issue you're having with the CusRev plugin is actually caused by another plugin - or even your theme. This article documents the different ways to troubleshoot your plugins and themes - to make sure they are not the cause of your site's glitch. The goal here is to deactivate all your plugin except CusRev and WooCommerce, while you activate the default WooCommerce theme, Storefront.
Deactivating all your WordPress Plugins Manually
You can just go to the plugin page on your WordPress dashboard, multi-select all your plugins, except CR and WooCommerce, under the 'Bulk actions' dropdown, select 'Deactivate' and click 'Apply'. Simple, isn't it?
Deactivating WordPress Plugin Using Another Plugin
Isn't it ironic that we're deactivating plugins using another plugin? Well, no - this plugin does a lot more. It's called Health Check and it helps deactivate your plugins or themes for only yourself, ie, your other users and everyone else won't feel a thing, they'll keep using your site as if nothing happened. This is especially useful if you have a production site with a lot of users.
- Install and Activate Health Check
- Install the Storefront theme
- Under Tools > Site Health, navigate to the Troubleshooting tab and enable Troubleshooting mode
- Enable WooCommerce, Customer Reviews for WooCommerce, and then switch to the Storefront theme. In that order
- Retry whatever it is that was giving you errors earlier, (i.e. if you were unable to post reviews to your site, try posting it again)
Deactivating WordPress Plugins via FTP
Just in case you can't access your sites' wp-admin dashboard, or maybe you just prefer FTP. Here's a really straight-forward way to deactivate your WordPress plugin via FTP
- After logging in to your FTP, navigate to your WordPress installation, this is usually in the public_html folder
- Navigate to wp-content/plugins and rename all the folders (except WooCommerce and Customer Reviews WooCommerce) to something else, anything else. Usually, I just add -bk to the end of the folder name, -bk signifying backup.
- That's all. You can go ahead and retry whatever is giving you trouble before.
We hope that this solution was helpful. If not, please don't hesitate to reach out to us on the support forum. If you have a Pro license, please create a ticket on this portal for priority support. We are always available to help.