A frequent question that we receive is if it possible to limit the number of reviews a customer can leave for a product / service. Some store owners would like to limit the number of ratings to one rating per customer. If the customer has ordered the second time, they should not be able to rate.
The plugin provides two options to limit how many review reminders are sent to customers:
- 'Limit Number of Reminders' option in the plugin's settings in WordPress
- 'Stop review reminders after' option in your account at cusrev.com
1. Option 'Limit Number of Reminders'
'Limit Number of Reminders' checkbox is available in the plugin's settings ('Review Reminder' tab) in WordPress. It works for reminders scheduled via WP Cron and CR Cron. Also, it is available with both Free and Pro license keys.
When the checkbox 'Limit Number of Reminders' is enabled, the plugin will send no more than one review reminder per order in WooCommerce.
2. Option 'Stop review reminders after'
There are three possible settings for this option:
- No limit
- One review per customer - the plugin will not send any new review reminders after a customer wrote at least one review
- One review per product and customer - the plugin will not send any new review reminders for a product after a customer wrote at least one review for that product. If the same customer buys some other product, then review reminders will be sent.
Other Ways to Limit Review Reminders
If you would like to limit the number of reviews a customer can leave per product using the Free version of the plugin, you can also consider using manual review invitations (see How to Manually Send Review Reminders) to send reminders only for selected orders.